Skip to main content

Plain Irritated!

Image Courtesy: http://devlog.mahcuz.com/

Alright, I am not used to writing just for the sake, but I guess I can do with some bitching here [last I heard, bitching still wasn't patented by girls...]

So here I go, my blog - my way. I wish to go point wise:

1. I think Bangalore is way too over rated. Mumbai is much better a place for all the fun they said is there in Bangalore.

2. I hate..no wait..loathe..no..despise the auto rickshaw drivers here. Just because you speak Hindi and don't know how to speak Kannada doesn't mean your money isn't hard earned - someone tell them that.

3. People take networking as buttering and talking shit and dung in the name of networking. If that is the way it works - fine - so be it. I refuse to be a part of it. As Hugh MacLeod puts it - 
If somebody in your industry is more successful than you, it's probably because he works harder at it than you do. Sure, maybe he's more inherently talented, more adept at networking etc, but I don't consider that an excuse. Over time, that advantage counts for less and less. Which is why the world is full of highly talented, network-savvy, failed mediocrities.

4. Bad stomach infection isn't such a good thing. It is awful. How do you tell your boss that you had to run to the loo every hour and that is why you couldn't go to office?

5. I want to go home. Enough of this 'being alone and independent' mongering around; eating food from hotels and restaurants and office mess however tasty that it may be.

6. Hostels are fine. Just not my types...

7. I just don't feel like writing anymore - have work to do. Plus, I suddenly realize again that my blog is more for whatever little I write and think, not for bitching gibberish...anyways. 

Peace.



Comments

  1. I can imagine! Even I get fed up of Bangalore sometimes... looking forward to getting out of here in 3 weeks. Btw, you interning here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know whether to laugh or feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sumit - yup..interning. Happy that it would be over soon...

    @ Iggy - can't u do both?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just come away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely sympathise with you, May peace prevails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy mittal11 September, 2009

    Awwwww @ I want to go home:]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saraswati to Laxmi!

 Image Courtesy: http://www.thehindu.com/ Now that MBA is over and I am considered an ounce wiser, being back home means work. There are so many pending things that are just waiting in the attic to be dusted and made to work again. One of them is the mammoth task of physical share transfer and dematerialization. Though stated in one pretty sentence, it takes months of effort and work. And of course, money!  My brother has been painfully going about the motions of this work for a couple of months now and nothing much yet seems to have resulted out of it. We struck a good deal with a certain Saraswati something shares. I asked, "How much would this one fetch us?". He replied, "Enough to recover the money you spent on your MBA degree". I exclaimed, "Really! Waoh! Even after they have been dormant for like 15 years??!". He quipped, in exasperation, "Weren't they supposed to teach you all this in B-School?" I did shut up and let him do this pain

Were you sleeping?

How irritating is it to get a phone call when you are in that last hour of your sleep on a Saturday morning? Worse, if it turns out to be your mobile service provider wanting to confirm if you would want to upgrade your 3G plan (which in any case sucks with most providers in India!) Even worse, what if it turns out to be someone important, like your boss? Now you don't want to sound totally sleepy - do you? What would he/she be thinking of you if he were to ask, "Were you sleeping?" at 11 am in the morning? (And, this is judgmental attitude is especially true of older white haired balding bosses!) Well, here are a few tips to sound all alert & morning crispy when actually you would have killed him for ruining your sleep on a Saturday morning. They have worked well for me, hope they would for you too! - Take a deep breath, let the phone ring for a few seconds so that you get a chance to clear your head (hope you did not have much alcohol last night). T

Continuity called Nature

Other not so important news is as follows. I am limping with a completely removed nail from the finger next to toe on my left foot, heat is getting unbearable as it is supposed to be, work is hectic as usual, I don't find time to exercise, I like to sleep more and I am hopelessly stuck in a rut of work-home routine with minor hiccups like the stupid freak toe injury. Pretty uneventful as usual. What we tend to forget while ranting like I just did is that these continuous monotonous processes in life are also the driving force for us to graduate to newer and widened laws of nature - even though we may tend to resist them. It is hard to realize the importance of these circles until you find few precious minutes for yourself to think and look around. There is nothing new with spring and summer. We hardly have spring season though - summer conquers spring quickly and brutally. I happened to be loitering around lackadaisically on the terrace and found the beautiful burnt orange on t