Skip to main content

I will be Back!

Woah! I am back!!! OK..enough of the terminator style entry[am actually showing my clean even white teeth to the screen now]. This one comes after 15 excruciatingly long days for those who love to read my blog(don't tell me you exist...you need to be an elf to love my blog and elves don't exist..do they? those big teeth again..yea..right..those ones only ;) )


Bloody good winters have finally arrived in Gurgaon (I was kinda waiting for them this time around). (Don't you dare even notice that full stop being put in the wrong place!)

It is technically 16th December, 2007, 0052 hours (I know I know...hours first then date...but my blog entry, I will do it my way..WTF). So, I have an MBA entrance today...and all I am doing here is, spoiling my punctuation skills. So what is the point of writing all this random stuff? let (L is deliberately written as l) us see if this one at all leads to a so called POINT.

My feet are all chilled, despite the socks and my sandals. Hands are all warm. And now, I am feeling drowsy. I love winters. And I am trying to make a point here. So, I have listed down my current situation, and the requirements. (OMG[does the G exist?]..this is like bringing a software development life cycle into my life cycle, but, whatever.)



I took a nice shower today. Was blasted off by mom wen she returned from office to take a bath while the sun is still there lest i catch cold. I wearily came to my room, sulking, by the thoughts of having to get myself wet on a freaking winter holiday when temperature was around 12 degrees celcius(I hav almost forgotten the formula to convert celcius into fahrenheit..whatever!)



So, I switched ON my geyser and waited a while. Went inside. (Oh come on..this is NOT going to be as exciting AS you are thinking!) Well, there was no hot water. That is what happenned. And my big dilemma, only those few can understand, who have to muster as much courage as I have to to take a decent bath in winters. There is some problem with the piping system in my bathroom. What the heck, air fills into it if water goes empty in the tank, so for those who are getting bored, I come to the point : There was no hot water. [You still reading????? Am amazed!]



I had to take a bath with cold water, went all shivering...and had to run and jump with only towel around to get back the little heat that i am capable of producing..lol...good exercise!!!

What the hell am I writing???? Wait..i did not come for this!!!!

I came to ask this: Is a 24 year old guy allowed to behave like all this, and still be qualified to be called a grown up? I am an adult [government will also vouch for this now for that precious vote!] but I know one thing, I am never ever gonna let that jumpy excited 'badmash' kid die in me. Never. World can do and say whatever it has to. WTF, as if I care. [yes I do...for a very few!!!!!!]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saraswati to Laxmi!

 Image Courtesy: http://www.thehindu.com/ Now that MBA is over and I am considered an ounce wiser, being back home means work. There are so many pending things that are just waiting in the attic to be dusted and made to work again. One of them is the mammoth task of physical share transfer and dematerialization. Though stated in one pretty sentence, it takes months of effort and work. And of course, money!  My brother has been painfully going about the motions of this work for a couple of months now and nothing much yet seems to have resulted out of it. We struck a good deal with a certain Saraswati something shares. I asked, "How much would this one fetch us?". He replied, "Enough to recover the money you spent on your MBA degree". I exclaimed, "Really! Waoh! Even after they have been dormant for like 15 years??!". He quipped, in exasperation, "Weren't they supposed to teach you all this in B-School?" I did shut up and let him do this pain

Were you sleeping?

How irritating is it to get a phone call when you are in that last hour of your sleep on a Saturday morning? Worse, if it turns out to be your mobile service provider wanting to confirm if you would want to upgrade your 3G plan (which in any case sucks with most providers in India!) Even worse, what if it turns out to be someone important, like your boss? Now you don't want to sound totally sleepy - do you? What would he/she be thinking of you if he were to ask, "Were you sleeping?" at 11 am in the morning? (And, this is judgmental attitude is especially true of older white haired balding bosses!) Well, here are a few tips to sound all alert & morning crispy when actually you would have killed him for ruining your sleep on a Saturday morning. They have worked well for me, hope they would for you too! - Take a deep breath, let the phone ring for a few seconds so that you get a chance to clear your head (hope you did not have much alcohol last night). T

Continuity called Nature

Other not so important news is as follows. I am limping with a completely removed nail from the finger next to toe on my left foot, heat is getting unbearable as it is supposed to be, work is hectic as usual, I don't find time to exercise, I like to sleep more and I am hopelessly stuck in a rut of work-home routine with minor hiccups like the stupid freak toe injury. Pretty uneventful as usual. What we tend to forget while ranting like I just did is that these continuous monotonous processes in life are also the driving force for us to graduate to newer and widened laws of nature - even though we may tend to resist them. It is hard to realize the importance of these circles until you find few precious minutes for yourself to think and look around. There is nothing new with spring and summer. We hardly have spring season though - summer conquers spring quickly and brutally. I happened to be loitering around lackadaisically on the terrace and found the beautiful burnt orange on t