Skip to main content

The Dog in my Lane...



What the hell do they think? Moving in a pack makes them look good? A sense of self-righteousness to me, nothing else! Moving in packs and losing one's individuality isn't my way. More so, because I like doing it my way. Living my own sordid and dull life in this lane. Kids sometimes play with me, and sometimes throw stones at me. I like this type of existence. Cold is getting on to my nerves now. I won't deny that I am jealous of that stupid Pomeranian who has that stupid orange jacket on him. But would trade my neck being leashed for that warm jacket? Never. I am better off sleeping under the blanket of the chowkidaar at night. Sun, thankfully is still there to warm me on the road. That chowkidaar is an idiot of the first rate though. He sleeps so sound that he doesn't even know when I barge into his little hut which the residents (who are equally idiot to hire a chowkidaar who sleeps more sound than they do!) to put his stuff in. He even forgets to return the keys of the cars he washes in the morning to supplement his meager pay. May be he even gets the copies made and is planning the biggest car robbery of all times. Why should I care? Well, I seriously feel threatened that I may lose my summer abode under the cars to keep me cool. Phew! I don't want that to happen. Seriously. At times, I do come back home drunk. Laze around a bit and go to the hut. I don't really have much to think. Another luxury which one can enjoy not being a part of the pack. You don't have to defend a territory and think of any other random guy as a prospective territory snatcher. I like it this way. No pack. No responsibilities. No trouble. Perfect.

But I have a small problem. And all hell breaks loose when that problem surfaces. They say it is with age, but others say I am turning mangy. Whatever. I know what it is. I get upset at times thinking of all the beautiful things of past which I don't have as of now. My girl friend ditched me for the pack leader (but of course!) and  my loving family died when they were crushed under a car (the single largest killer of our breed in India). And I hate it at times. I can't control myself. I tend to hit myself to the cars so that my pain would alleviate the ache I have in heart, but to no avail. Bloody cars these days. As soon as I hit, some sort of vicious noise starts coming out from them. Am I a thief? (Stupid people, they don't know that the actual thief is that chowkidaar who is duplicating their cars' keys!) I can't tolerate such rude behavior. What is my fault? I need to hit myself numb and the car screeches. Then I howl. Then the chowkidaar drives me away for the fear of my painful howls waking up the neighbourhood. I leave the sanctuary of my lane. The packs hound me away back to the lane. I snugly get back into the blanket when the chowkidaar is sleeping. And the cycle continues. You understand my pain, right? Don't you?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saraswati to Laxmi!

 Image Courtesy: http://www.thehindu.com/ Now that MBA is over and I am considered an ounce wiser, being back home means work. There are so many pending things that are just waiting in the attic to be dusted and made to work again. One of them is the mammoth task of physical share transfer and dematerialization. Though stated in one pretty sentence, it takes months of effort and work. And of course, money!  My brother has been painfully going about the motions of this work for a couple of months now and nothing much yet seems to have resulted out of it. We struck a good deal with a certain Saraswati something shares. I asked, "How much would this one fetch us?". He replied, "Enough to recover the money you spent on your MBA degree". I exclaimed, "Really! Waoh! Even after they have been dormant for like 15 years??!". He quipped, in exasperation, "Weren't they supposed to teach you all this in B-School?" I did shut up and let him do this pain

Were you sleeping?

How irritating is it to get a phone call when you are in that last hour of your sleep on a Saturday morning? Worse, if it turns out to be your mobile service provider wanting to confirm if you would want to upgrade your 3G plan (which in any case sucks with most providers in India!) Even worse, what if it turns out to be someone important, like your boss? Now you don't want to sound totally sleepy - do you? What would he/she be thinking of you if he were to ask, "Were you sleeping?" at 11 am in the morning? (And, this is judgmental attitude is especially true of older white haired balding bosses!) Well, here are a few tips to sound all alert & morning crispy when actually you would have killed him for ruining your sleep on a Saturday morning. They have worked well for me, hope they would for you too! - Take a deep breath, let the phone ring for a few seconds so that you get a chance to clear your head (hope you did not have much alcohol last night). T

Continuity called Nature

Other not so important news is as follows. I am limping with a completely removed nail from the finger next to toe on my left foot, heat is getting unbearable as it is supposed to be, work is hectic as usual, I don't find time to exercise, I like to sleep more and I am hopelessly stuck in a rut of work-home routine with minor hiccups like the stupid freak toe injury. Pretty uneventful as usual. What we tend to forget while ranting like I just did is that these continuous monotonous processes in life are also the driving force for us to graduate to newer and widened laws of nature - even though we may tend to resist them. It is hard to realize the importance of these circles until you find few precious minutes for yourself to think and look around. There is nothing new with spring and summer. We hardly have spring season though - summer conquers spring quickly and brutally. I happened to be loitering around lackadaisically on the terrace and found the beautiful burnt orange on t