Skip to main content

Everyone has talent!


Images are copyright to their respective copyright holders. I hope they won't have problems - means more publicity for them coz I am not going to write bad about some TV show for once!

All right. Blog has changed looks and this one stays for some time. Minor coding alterations should do the trick to make it look more presentable and aesthetic. I thought it was the right time to begin with some writing. I have grown averse to TV. With an entirely new species of wicked females and little kids getting married at Colours Channel - my hatred quotient seems to be growing exponentially for the idiot box! [ The sweet girl planning to be my wife - beware!]

However, as I returned from a good day's driving on Delhi roads [15th August - empty roads - yay!], I found myself sitting in front of TV and not moving within 2 minutes. Now that was strange. The show that caught my eyes on the channel I just cursed was India's Got Talent. The concept like most of the so called reality shows and non-'I-have-strange-noises-and-females' shows has been taken from the 'phoren' shows like Britain's Got Talent et al. The good thing about the show comes simply from the fact that we are a diverse group of people. We have people in this diverse land who shit daily in fields, on railway tracks and also on warm-till-their-ass-likes-it pots. We have people who brush their teeth with their dirtier-than-mouth fingers, with daatun, with brushes and also with those battery driven rotary hi-tech brushes. Fine! Point driven - everyone to one's liking and income!

This show has some of the most amazing display of music, dances, fusions, performing arts and hence cultures that I have seen in the recent times. All this minus the silly old melodrama one associates with channels who think that those cheap tricks raise their TRPs [actually they do - as I said, diversity - we also have people who do fall for those tricks]. This thing makes the show an entirely different proposition. They come. They perform. Judges rate. Done. Thank you. Cool!

Of course, some promotion does happen but it is still bearable considering other crap that is dished out. And one gets to see different flavours of our diverse cultures. Age no bar. Art no bar. Now that is what makes for a good show with mom's dinner. :)

Comments

  1. Good one. I like the show though not a regular watcher and yeah, I share the same views for television.

    :) :) :)

    Keep updating more often!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saraswati to Laxmi!

 Image Courtesy: http://www.thehindu.com/ Now that MBA is over and I am considered an ounce wiser, being back home means work. There are so many pending things that are just waiting in the attic to be dusted and made to work again. One of them is the mammoth task of physical share transfer and dematerialization. Though stated in one pretty sentence, it takes months of effort and work. And of course, money!  My brother has been painfully going about the motions of this work for a couple of months now and nothing much yet seems to have resulted out of it. We struck a good deal with a certain Saraswati something shares. I asked, "How much would this one fetch us?". He replied, "Enough to recover the money you spent on your MBA degree". I exclaimed, "Really! Waoh! Even after they have been dormant for like 15 years??!". He quipped, in exasperation, "Weren't they supposed to teach you all this in B-School?" I did shut up and let him do this pain

Were you sleeping?

How irritating is it to get a phone call when you are in that last hour of your sleep on a Saturday morning? Worse, if it turns out to be your mobile service provider wanting to confirm if you would want to upgrade your 3G plan (which in any case sucks with most providers in India!) Even worse, what if it turns out to be someone important, like your boss? Now you don't want to sound totally sleepy - do you? What would he/she be thinking of you if he were to ask, "Were you sleeping?" at 11 am in the morning? (And, this is judgmental attitude is especially true of older white haired balding bosses!) Well, here are a few tips to sound all alert & morning crispy when actually you would have killed him for ruining your sleep on a Saturday morning. They have worked well for me, hope they would for you too! - Take a deep breath, let the phone ring for a few seconds so that you get a chance to clear your head (hope you did not have much alcohol last night). T

Continuity called Nature

Other not so important news is as follows. I am limping with a completely removed nail from the finger next to toe on my left foot, heat is getting unbearable as it is supposed to be, work is hectic as usual, I don't find time to exercise, I like to sleep more and I am hopelessly stuck in a rut of work-home routine with minor hiccups like the stupid freak toe injury. Pretty uneventful as usual. What we tend to forget while ranting like I just did is that these continuous monotonous processes in life are also the driving force for us to graduate to newer and widened laws of nature - even though we may tend to resist them. It is hard to realize the importance of these circles until you find few precious minutes for yourself to think and look around. There is nothing new with spring and summer. We hardly have spring season though - summer conquers spring quickly and brutally. I happened to be loitering around lackadaisically on the terrace and found the beautiful burnt orange on t